- First Sunscreen to pass Whole Foods Premium Care Requirements
- Top Rated by EWG with a "1" rating since 2010
- Free of biologically harmful chemicals. No Avobenzone, Oxybenzone, or UV Chemical absorbers.
- SPF 50+ (Highest allowed by the proposed FDA 2012 Monograph)
- Broad-spectrum UVA and UVB protection (Highest allowed by the proposed FDA 2012 Monograph)
- Water resistance (80 minutes) (Highest allowed by the proposed FDA 2012 Monograph)
- Non-nano zinc oxide - Average particle size >100micron
- Non-aerosol formulation (High concern of both ineffectiveness and particulates being inhaled)
- Paraben, phthalates, PABA and 1,4 dioxane free
- Applies and absorbs easily. Non-oily feel.
- Sunscreen produced in the USA
- Does not have an obtrusive smell that many organic sunscreens have.
- A member of the Safe Cosmetics Campaign Compact
- Founding member Sun Safety Coalition
- Gluten free (third-party verified)
- No animal testing (Leaping Bunny member)
Thinkbaby and Thinksport sunscreen comes in 3oz tube made of environmentally friendly packaging that does not contain BPA, vinyl, or phthalates. The packaging and contents are environmentally safe.
Each tube is marked with an expiration date.
Note: The base formulations of our sunscreens are identical. We set out to make the most effective safe sunscreen possible. It didn't make sense to make one safe for babies, and a harmful version for adults. While this seems obvious, you should check out what the major brands are doing.
Compare your sunscreen's "safe" ingredients to ours. The best way is to check out The Environmental Working Group's database Skin Deep http://www.EWG.org/SkinDeep
The ratings for each ingredient are listed separately below. Our sun care products have been "1" rated since 2010!
Active Ingredient: Zinc Oxide 20% (Non-nano)
Inactive Ingredients: PURIFIED WATER (0), ALOE BARBADENSIS LEAF JUICE (0), CAPRIC CAPRYLIC TRIGLYCERIDES(0), SORBITAN STEARATE (COCONUT BASED) (1), PINE WOOD RESIN (0), VEGETABLE GLYCERIN (0), CETYL DIMETHICONE (0), HYDROGENATED CASTOR OIL (0), MAGNESIUM SULFATE (EPSOM SALT) (0), SUNFLOWER OIL, JOJOBA OIL (0), ASCORBIC ACID (VITAMIN C) (0), TOCOPHEROLS (VITAMIN E) (1), OLIVE OIL (0), RASPBERRY SEED OIL (0), CRANBERRY SEED OIL (0), HYALURONIC ACID (MADE FROM VEGETABLE) (0), GLUCOSE & GLUCOSE OXIDASE AND LACTOPEROXIDASE (0),CURRANT GRAPEFRUIT
We do not test on animals. Ever. Period. And we will not work with any entity that does. Period. We fired our website host GoDaddy.com due to the CEO going Elephant hunting.